Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is created anytime a fuel such as natural gas, propane, oil, wood or gasoline is burned as part of the combustion process in many household appliances. Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in North America. It is tasteless, odorless, invisible and is known in the industry to be "the silent killer".

Safety and Comfort

Overland Park Heating and Cooling recommends a low level (30-50 ppm) digital carbon monoxide detector that's equipped with an electrochemical sensor and installed on each level of your home or office. This type of detector is more reliable due to its ability to operate in higher humidity and higher temperature areas. The electrochemical CO detector is also resistant to household chemicals that can cause false alarms. In addition to routine appliance service, this extra protection will safeguard you and your family from developing CO poisoning that will lead to flu-like illness, lifelong health issues or even death.

 

30 Point Furnace Check

In addition to the CO detector installation, Overland Park Heating and Cooling recommends that all your fuel burning appliances are serviced annually or as recommended by the manufacturer. We offer a thorough 30 point furnace check at a reasonable price for your peace of mind and safety and comfort.

Safety Tip | It is also important to choose a detector that has an “end of life” audible warning when it’s time to replace the detector. Most store-purchased units will operate effectively for 2-4 years. Be sure the detector has been UL approved for your safety. If equipped with a battery, be sure to replace it annually.

Copyright © 2014. Overland Park Heating and Cooling Inc.
Address: 16172 Metcalf Overland Park, KS 66085   |   Phone: 913-649-0303
Website Design and Monthly SEO By: Century Marketing

Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy

Go to Top